I love Summer time as it allows my family and I to spend family time outside relaxing in the sunshine! During those summer months we are most likely to fire up the grill, turn on Jack Johnson radio on Pandora and light our tiki torches until the sun goes down.
Staples on our grill usually include chicken, steak and Applegate Farms Uncured Beef Hot Dogs for our little ones. We have never been fans of ground beef from previous childhood memories of biting into a rare burger, until we recently decided to give turkey burgers a shot.
These lean burgers are a great alternative and keep things healthy from preparation to table side. Pairing them with fresh corn on the cob or sweet potato fries, and topped with plenty of health alternatives will please all of your guests.
Total Time: 32 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 12 min
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey breast
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Combine bread crumbs and buttermilk in a medium bowl; mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Preheat grill or broiler on high.
- Add turkey, green onions, parsley, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and pepper (if desired) to bread crumb mixture; mix well with clean hands.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Grill or broil for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until patties are no longer pink in the middle.