I love quick and easy meals! From cooking in a crock pot to baking or broiling something in the oven while I play with my kids after a long day of work. On of my favorite meals to is Spaghetti Squash when I can get them fresh and locally. Being able to recreate one of my favorite meals with a healthier spin on it even has the kids getting excited for it when they hear what we are having. We usually serve ours with pasta sauce with ground turkey.
Total Time: 40 min
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribbing. Drizzle the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash cut side down on the baking sheet and use a fork to poke holes. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside, fork tender, but still a litte bit firm. The time will vary depending on the size of your squash. I also find that the timing can vary from squash to squash.
- Remove from the oven and flip the squash so that it’s cut side up. When cool to the touch, use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the sides of the squash.
***Mom Pro Tip*** Cook the spaghetti squash before dinner time comes so that you can easily serve it up when you are ready! I have cooked it and then stored it in my refrigerator for when it is time to eat and have even cooked it and left it in the oven while we run to sports practices.