Chicken, pesto and cheese?!? Sign me up!! This was exactly what my family needed to warm us up on our first chilly night in South Carolina. This quick, easy and clean recipe will have everyone, young and old, asking for more!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup basil pesto, we used Trader Joes Trader Giottos Pesto Alla Genovese
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 and cut chicken breasts into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray, then spread 1/4 cup basil pesto over the bottom of the dish.
- Spread chicken over pesto, then spread 1/4 cup more basil pesto over the chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle chicken with 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese.
- Place back into the oven without foil and cook 5 minutes more, just until cheese is melted.
- After 5 minutes, switch to broil for 5 minutes more, to toast the cheese.