If there is one thing I love about Spring it is having the hubs fire up the grill to make some delicious meals. If you are looking for a low carb dinner for a family of four, check out this Healthy Burger Bowl.
This meal serves 4 (approx. 2 1/2 cups each)
Total time: 30 min | Prep Time: 20 min | Cooking Time: 10 min
- For Burger Bowl:
- 1 lb. raw extra-lean ground beef
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced onion (approx. 1 medium)
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced dill pickles
- 8 slices cooked turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- For Special Sauce:
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise (preferably olive oil-based)
- 2 Tbsp. all-natural ketchup
- 2 tsp. pickle relish
- 1 tsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Heat a large skillet, lightly coated with spray, over high heat until very hot.
- Add ground beef, salt, and pepper and cook, stirring to separate meat into crumbles, about 5 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
- Remove ground beef from pan with a slotted spoon; transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Leave heat on.
- Add onions to pan and cook without stirring for 2 to 3 minutes; flip and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more until browned on both sides.
- To make special sauce, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle relish, chopped onion, and salt in a small bowl.
- To assemble burger bowls, evenly divide lettuce among 4 bowls (approx. ¾ cup each). Top evenly with ¼ cup tomatoes, ¼ cup pickles, ¼ cup cooked onion, a quarter of the bacon (approx. 2 slices), and ¼ cup cheese. Drizzle evenly with special sauce (approx. 1 Tbsp. + 1 ½ tsp. each).