A delicious new way to enjoy chicken covered in a scrumptious glaze! Ready in under 60 minutes, this meal will fill you up and also still leave you time to enjoy the rest of the night.
Serves: 6 (approx. 1⁄6 chicken each) | Prep Time: 15 min. | Cooking Time: 50 min.
- 1⁄3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1⁄2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 (31⁄2-lb.) raw whole chicken
- 1⁄2 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together mustard, honey, garlic powder, and onion powder. Set aside.
- Place chicken breast-side-down on a cutting board, locate the backbone, and remove it by cutting along either side with kitchen shears.
- Turn chicken breast-side-up and press down with your palms until chicken lays flat.
- Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Rub mustard mixture over entire chicken, including under the breasts, with clean or gloved hands, until chicken is evenly coated.
- Place chicken skin-side-up on a roasting rack and cook for 15 minutes until skin is golden brown.
- Lower oven to 325° F and roast an additional 35 minutes, or until the thickest part of the breast reaches an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Allow chicken to rest 10 minutes before carving into 6 equal servings.
- Serve immediately, or store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 3 days.